UW-Green Bay stays unbeaten with 74-53 winJan 16, 2010 - 10:14 PM MILWAUKEE, Wis.(AP) -- Julie Wojta had 20 points and 11 rebounds, Kayla Tetschlag added 17 points and No. 17 Wisconsin-Green Bay remained unbeaten with a 74-53 victory over Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Saturday.
The Phoenix (16-0, 5-0) overcame a cold shooting first half to remain among four undefeated teams in Division I women's basketball. The win extended the school's Horizon Conference winning streak to 35 games.
Green Bay struggled shooting during the first half, at one point missing 10 straight from the field. In all, Green Bay hit just 12 of 29 shots in the first half.
The Phoenix broke the game open at the beginning of the second half, using an 18-6 run to grab a 55-33 lead with 11:59 remaining. The Panthers got no closer than 16 the rest of the way.
Milwaukee (6-10, 1-4) was led by Lindsay Laur with 17 points and Ashley Imperiale with 16.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 10 roots
Wisconsin-Green Bay(17) 74, Wisconsin-Milwaukee 53 FinalJan 16 5:11 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (17) 74
WISC MILWAUKEE 53 FINAL
Jan 16 5:07 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (17) 37
WISC MILWAUKEE 27 HALFTIME
Jan 16 4:00 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- No. 15 Northeastern women cruise past Milwaukee 69-44 Dec 6
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11