No. 18 West Virginia beats Pittsburgh 69-54Jan 17, 2010 - 11:39 PM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Korinne Campbell had 15 points and No. 18 West Virginia beat Pittsburgh 69-54 on Sunday for its 15th consecutive win.
Sara Miles added 13 points and nine assists for the Mountaineers (17-1, 5-0 Big East). Campbell also had nine rebounds.
West Virginia moved into a tie with No. 1 Connecticut for first place in the Big East by extending its longest winning streak since a 22-game surge during the 1991-92 season.
Jania Sims had 18 points for the Panthers (11-6), who have lost five of six and are 3-6 since an 8-0 start. Ranked as high as No. 15 last month, Pitt fell to 0-4 in Big East play for the first time since 1997-98.
The Mountaineers had balanced scoring, with six players scoring between eight and 15 points. Vanessa House made four 3-pointers for 12 points, Asya Bussie added 11 points and eight rebounds and Liz Repella had 10 points and eight boards.
West Virginia had nine steals and forced 23 turnovers.
After two consecutive baskets by Sims got Pitt within two with 9:31 to play, West Virginia closed the game with a 24-11 run.
The Mountaineers had played only one road game since Nov. 28 but won their fifth straight away from WVU Coliseum.
Taneisha Harrison had nine points for Pitt, which shot 39 percent from the field - including 2 for 12 from 3-point range.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WEST VIRGINIA (18) 69
PITTSBURGH 54 FINAL
Jan 17 6:17 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WEST VIRGINIA (18) 29
PITTSBURGH 27 HALFTIME
Jan 17 4:54 PM
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- West Virginia women whip No. 22 Oklahoma State 82-48 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21