Murphy, BC upset No. 21 Georgia Tech 77-51Jan 17, 2010 - 8:10 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Stefanie Murphy scored a season-high 25 points on 11-of-14 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Boston College to a 77-51 upset of No. 21 Georgia Tech on Sunday.
Carolyn Swords and Brittanny Johnson added 12 points apiece for the Eagles (11-7, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference), who shot 61.8 percent in winning their fourth game in five contests. Jaclyn Thoman had a career-high 11 assists.
Sasha Goodlett scored 16 points for the Yellow Jackets (15-4, 2-2), who scored their fewest points since a season-low in a 56-50 loss to Georgia on Dec. 6.
The Eagles took charge with a 10-0 run early in the first half and led 39-24 at the intermission on Murphy's 3-pointer from the top of the key.
BC opened the second half with a 9-2 spurt and never saw its lead fall below 18 points the rest of the way.
Murphy fouled out with just over four minutes to play.
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 18 Syracuse women past Boston College 71-55 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women pull away from Boston College 67-62 Feb 4
- Turner, Allen lead No. 3 Notre Dame past Georgia Tech Jan 28
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Boston College 63-50 Jan 14