Wisc.-Green Bay drops second straight gameJan 24, 2010 - 2:17 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Jasmine Bailey scored 24 points and Jessie Miller added 20 to help Illinois-Chicago upset No. 17 Wisconsin-Green Bay 81-72 on Saturday night.
It was the second straight loss for the Phoenix (16-2, 5-2 Horizon), who entered the week riding a 34-game regular season winning streak. Green Bay dropped a 65-63 decision to Loyola-Chicago on Thursday. It was the first time in 13 years they lost consecutive conference games.
Green Bay appeared in command after Adrian Ritchie's 3-pointer with 10:59 left in the second half opened a 57-50 lead. But Illinois-Chicago (8-11, 5-3) answered with a 17-0 run started by Cassie Johnson's layup with 9:46 left in regulation.
Bailey scored six points in the surge and Johnson closed it with another layup for a 67-57 lead with 5:33 to play. The Phoenix would get no closer than seven points the rest of the way.
Julie Wojta scored 20 points and Celeste Hoewisch added 19 for Green Bay.
Illinois-Chicago, which went 1-7 to open the season has now won five of its last eight. Saturday's victory was the first over a ranked team for Flames coach Lisa Ryckbosch, now in her eighth season.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (17) 72
ILLINOIS CHI 81 FINAL
Jan 23 8:21 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (17) 41
ILLINOIS CHI 36 HALFTIME
Jan 23 7:19 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9