Detroit upsets No. 23 Wis-Green Bay, 71-55Feb 5, 2010 - 2:07 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Brigid Mulroy scored 20 points and Detroit upset No. 23 Wisconsin-Green Bay 71-55 on Thursday night.
Yar Shayok added 17 and 12 rebounds and Jalesa Jones had 12 points for the Titans (10-11, 8-2), who took sole possession of first place in the Horizon League.
Kayla Tetschlag had 18 points and seven rebounds for the Phoenix (18-3, 7-3), which had won 15 straight games against Detroit.
The Phoenix led 47-40 six minutes into the second half. But Detroit used a 15-0 run to take the lead for good. Mulroy had a 3-pointer to tie the game at 47 and added another later in the spurt.
Green Bay, the league's highest-scoring team, finished the night 18 points below its average and was outrebounded 31-29 by the shorter Titans.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (23) 55
DETROIT 71 FINAL
Feb 4 8:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (23) 38
DETROIT 33 HALFTIME
Feb 4 7:46 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Jankoska, No. 24 Michigan State women beat Detroit 81-42 Dec 21
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Detroit gives Rademacher three-year extension May 21
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10