Lacey leads No. 19 Iowa State over Missouri 65-39Feb 7, 2010 - 11:23 PM COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- Alison Lacey had 18 points and seven assists to lead No. 22 Iowa State to a 65-39 win over Missouri on Sunday.
Lacey has scored in double figures in 21 of the Cyclones' 22 games this season and led the nation in assist to turnover ratio entering the game. Chelsea Poppens added 14 points for Iowa State (18-4, 6-3 Big 12).
Iowa State's Big 12 leading defense held the Tigers to 13-for-54 for the game and a season-low 39 points. It was the lowest point total for the Tigers since a 37-point output at Texas on Jan. 26, 2007.
The Cyclones raced out to a 39-15 halftime lead as Poppens scored 14 of her points in the period. Poppens' six baskets were more than Missouri could manage. The Tigers shot a season-worst 5-for-30 from the field in the first 20 minutes.
RaeShara Brown scored 12 to lead Missouri (11-11, 1-8).
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28