Roberson leads Texas Tech to upset of A&MFeb 11, 2010 - 4:12 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- Ashlee Roberson scored 25 points to help Texas Tech to a 57-54 win over No. 13 Texas A&M on Wednesday night to snap a six-game losing streak.
Texas Tech (14-9, 2-7 Big 12) ended the game on an 11-4 run after being down, 50-46 with 3:15 to play.
Danielle Adams led Texas A&M (16-6, 4-5) with 17 points and Tanisha Smith had 13 points and 13 rebounds in the loss. Adams ran into foul trouble late in the second half and did not score a basket in the final 15 minutes.
Tech freshman guard Monique Smalls forced four of Texas A&Ms 21 turnovers, helping the Lady Raiders score 19 points off the miscues.
Neither team could get much going offensively in the first half, turning the ball over a combined 22 times, including 13 by the Aggies.
Texas A&M lost the lead for the first time since the 15:22 mark of the first half when Tech went up, 40-38 with 10:39 to go in the game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS A&M (13) 54
TEXAS TECH 57 FINAL
Feb 10 10:06 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS A&M (13) 26
TEXAS TECH 21 HALFTIME
Feb 10 8:52 PM
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25