No. 16 Georgetown holds off PittsburghFeb 11, 2010 - 2:10 AM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Monica McNutt scored 17 points and Jalessa Butler added 16 - all in the second half - including a tie-breaker jumper with 37 seconds remaining to help No. 16 Georgetown beat Pittsburgh 66-63 on Wednesday night.
Georgetown (20-3, 9-1) won even though freshman guard Sugar Rodgers, the Big East's leading scorer, was held to a season-low two points - 17 below her season's average. Rodgers had scored at least 11 points in each of the first 22 games.
Pepper Wilson led Pitt (12-11, 1-9) with 18 points and 10 rebounds while Chelsea Cole added 13 points.
Butler's jumper snapped a 63-63 tie and Kenya Crawford added a free throw with 10 seconds left for Georgetown. A three-point attempt from the top of the key by Pitt's Jania Sims at the buzzer that would have forced overtime was off the mark.
Georgetown won its third straight games and for the 19th time in its last 20.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGETOWN (16) 66
PITTSBURGH 63 FINAL
Feb 10 8:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGETOWN (16) 41
PITTSBURGH 34 HALFTIME
Feb 10 7:54 PM
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame beats Pitt for McGraw's 800th win Jan 3
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49 Nov 28
- Lady Vols punch ticket to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Pittsburgh stifles Chattanooga to advance Mar 21
- Georgetown names Natasha Adair women's hoops coach Apr 14