Nash helps No. 12 Texas rout Kansas StateFeb 18, 2010 - 3:04 AM AUSTIN, Texas(AP) -- Kat Nash scored a game-high 22 points and No. 12 Texas beat Kansas State 62-41 on Wednesday night.
Nash hit all five of her 3-pointers as the Longhorns shot 75 percent from behind the arc. Cokie Reed added 13 points for Texas (19-6, 8-3 Big 12).
The Longhorns opened on a 12-3 run within the first four minutes of the second half to build a 33-21 advantage. Nash hit two 3-pointers and connected on a lay-up during that spurt, but Kansas State soon crept back into the game. Over the next four minutes, the Wildcats went on a 13-2 burst and trailed the Longhorns 35-34.
Texas extended its lead soon after going on a 13-2 run of its own and took control of the game.
Brittany Chambers finished with 11 points for the Wildcats (12-13, 4-7).
Neither team was able to build a big lead in the first half as Kansas State jumped out to an 8-5 advantage in the game's first eight minutes. After swapping baskets for much of the half, Texas went up 15-12 on Nash's second 3-pointer of the game.
The Wildcats quickly regained the lead after Jalana Childs scored on two consecutive layups.
Reed converted a three-point play with just over three minutes remaining in the half, sinking her free throw after scoring on a contested layup for the Longhorns. Texas didn't score the remainder of the half but still went into the break with a 21-18 lead.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KANSAS ST 41
TEXAS (12) 62 FINAL
Feb 17 9:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KANSAS ST 18
TEXAS (12) 21 HALFTIME
Feb 17 8:50 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19