Griner lifts Baylor over Texas TechFeb 18, 2010 - 3:22 AM WACO, Texas(AP) -- Brittney Griner scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to help No. 18 Baylor beat Texas Tech 65-48 on Wednesday night.
Ashley Field added 13 points and 10 rebounds for Baylor (18-7, 5-6 Big 12).
Ashlee Roberson scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for Texas Tech (15-10, 3-8). Jordan Barncastle had 11 points and Chynna Brown scored 10.
With the game tied at 8, Baylor went on a 21-4 run to take a 29-12 lead with 6:37 left. Griner went to the bench with two fouls midway through the run and didn't play the remainder of the half.
After Texas Tech picked up its 11th foul of the first half, coach Kristy Curry was whistled for a technical foul while walking away after talking to an official. Field then hit four consecutive free throws for a 33-14 Baylor lead.
Griner didn't play the final 8:15 of the first half after picking up her second foul. Without her, Baylor outscored Texas Tech 18-11 the rest of the period. With 7:30 remaining, Baylor had 21 rebounds to Texas Tech's five, and the Red Raiders were shooting 16 percent from the field. Texas Tech finished the game shooting 32 percent and made just 9 of its 18 free throws.
Griner, who is second in the country in blocked shots with 6.2 a game, had just one. She blocked a layup attempt by Barncastle with 16:22 left in the game.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17