Rhoads leads No. 25 Vandy past Ole Miss 68-59Feb 21, 2010 - 9:57 PM OXFORD, Miss.(AP) -- Jence Rhoads scored 19 points and No. 25 Vanderbilt beat Mississippi 68-59 Sunday for its first win in Oxford since 2003.
The Commodores (19-8, 8-6 Southeastern Conference) had lost two of their last three, including a 39-point performance against LSU on Thursday. But Rhoads hurt the Rebels by scoring 10 of Vanderbilt's last 19 points as the Commodores pulled away from a 49-49 tie for the victory in a game Ole Miss (15-12, 6-8) led for long stretches.
Vanderbilt used a 13-4 run to take a 62-53 lead with 3:12 left and was never threatened after that. Rhoads scored six points during the run. Merideth Marsh had 15 points for the Commodores and Elan Brown had eight points and 10 rebounds.
Bianca Thomas led Ole Miss with 23 points. Kayla Melson added 17 points and five assists, while Kayla Holloway scored 13 points with eight rebounds.
It was the Rebels' fourth straight loss and seventh in eight games.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Wilson has 16, No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi 66-45 Feb 25
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 14 Mississippi State women sweep Ole Miss 60-51 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 24 Lady Vols rally late to beat Ole Miss 57-51 Feb 18
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat Ole Miss 62-48 Feb 15