No. 19 Gonzaga routs San Francisco 83-35Feb 28, 2010 - 12:21 AM SAN FRANCISCO(AP) -- Heather Bowman scored 21 points after coming back from an ankle injury as No. 19 Gonzaga routed San Francisco 83-35 on Saturday.
Gonzaga (25-4, 14-0 West Coast Conference) outscored the Dons 42-18 in the paint.
Vivian Frieson added 16, and Courtney Vandersloot had 11 points, seven rebounds and nine assists, setting the league's single-season assists record.
Vandersloot has 273 assists, eclipsing the record of 272 previously set by Amanda Rego of San Diego in 2008.
San Francisco, which hasn't beaten Gonzaga at home since 2003, led 11-10 with 11:03 left in the first half. A 20-0 Gonzaga run triggered by a combination of strong defense and 11 points from Bowman eventually put the Bulldogs up 48-19.
Rheina Ale led San Francisco (5-26, 1-13) with nine points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GONZAGA (19) 83
SAN FRANCISCO 35 FINAL
Feb 27 6:46 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GONZAGA (19) 37
SAN FRANCISCO 19 HALFTIME
Feb 27 5:47 PM
- Former Stanford and US star Jennifer Azzi comes out as gay Apr 1
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18
- Proctor leads USF to 70-68 win over BYU in WCC title game Mar 8
- Lady Vols capture thrilling OT win to advance Mar 28
- Bulldogs bowl over Beavers in Spokane Region Mar 22
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- Gonzaga names Fortier women's hoops coach Apr 15
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- Cyclones blow by Gonzaga in first round Mar 23
- No. 1 Stanford cruises past Gonzaga Dec 2
- Kentucky's hot shooting ends Gonzaga's run in the Sweet 16 Mar 25