No. 15 Iowa State beats Kansas State 48-39Feb 28, 2010 - 3:20 AM AMES, Iowa(AP)Chelsea Poppens scored 18 points as No. 15 Iowa State scratched out a 48-39 win over Kansas State on Saturday night.
Iowa State (22-5, 10-4 Big 12 Conference) kept its hold on second place in the league standings with two games left. The Cyclones, who rank second nationally in 3-point shooting accuracy, hit just 1 of 12 shots from long range and shot 32.7 percent from the floor overall.
Iowa State was up 28-17 at the half but went the first 11 minutes of the second half without a field goal. The Cyclones closed strong though behind Poppens, who had 11 of her team's 20 points after the break.
Ashley Sweat led Kansas State (12-16, 4-10) with 13 points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KANSAS ST 39
IOWA ST (15) 48 FINAL
Feb 27 9:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KANSAS ST 17
IOWA ST (15) 28 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:51 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- Baylor wins at least share of sixth-straight Big 12 crown Feb 27