NC State edges No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46Feb 28, 2010 - 9:37 PM RALEIGH, N.C.(AP) -- Marissa Kastanek scored nine points to help North Carolina State defeat No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46 on Sunday.
Bonae Holston scored all eight of her points in the second half for the Wolfpack (17-12, 7-7 Atlantic Coast Conference), who never trailed en route to their fourth win in five games.
Georgia Tech, which trailed 41-30 with 7:30 remaining, cut N.C. State's lead to 44-42 on a layup by Deja Foster with 1:54 to play. But N.C. State's Brittany Strachan answered with a 3-pointer with 58.8 seconds left to extend the lead to five.
Brigitte Ardossi scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Georgia Tech (22-8, 8-6), which came up short in its bid to break the school record for victories in a season.
Alex Montgomery added 11 points for the Yellow Jackets, who committed 18 of their 26 turnovers in the first half on the way to a season-low point total.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH (22) 46
NC STATE 54 FINAL
Feb 28 4:08 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH (22) 16
NC STATE 21 HALFTIME
Feb 28 2:53 PM
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4
- Turner, Allen lead No. 3 Notre Dame past Georgia Tech Jan 28
- No. 23 Louisville women rally past NC State 92-90 Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15
- No. 19 Florida State women hold on against Georgia Tech Jan 10
- No. 22 Miami women beat NC State 73-44 in ACC opener Dec 30