Raven leads Texas to rout of Texas TechFeb 7, 2010 - 9:16 PM AUSTIN, Texas(AP) -- Brittainey Raven scored a game-high 22 points to help No. 17 Texas rout Texas Tech 81-51 on Sunday.
Raven hit four 3-pointers as the Longhorns shot 50 percent from behind the arc. Kat Nash and Cokie Reed each scored 13 points for Texas (16-6, 5-3 Big 12).
The last time these two teams met, Texas was forced into double overtime by the Lady Raiders and narrowly escaped with a 95-90 win. This time, the Longhorns wouldn't let that happen.
Ashlee Roberson had a double-double for the Lady Raiders (13-9, 1-7) finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
Nash helped spark Texas after the half, scoring eight points in the first eight minutes. Raven continued to cut through Texas Tech's interior defense as the Longhorns jump out to a 67-45 lead on a fastbreak lay-up with just over five minutes left in the game to seal the win.
Texas Tech jumped out to a 17-14 lead on a fastbreak layup by Christine Hyde with just over 10 minutes in the first half.
The advantage was short-lived as the Longhorns went on a 19-2 run over the next five minutes to take a 33-19 lead.
Roberson scored eight consecutive points for the Lady Raiders to close the gap. Raven led Texas with 13 points in the first half and hit a 3-pointer from the wing as time expired to give the Longhorns a 43-32 advantage at the break.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18
- NM State women breeze by Rio Grande Valley for WAC title Mar 12