Cowgirls upset No. 19 Georgia Tech 70-64Nov 15, 2009 - 11:08 PM STILLWATER, Okla.(AP) -- Andrea Riley scored 24 points and Tegan Cunningham had 20 points and 10 rebounds as Oklahoma State beat No. 19 Georgia Tech 70-64 on Sunday in the second round of the Preseason Women's NIT.
The Cowgirls (2-0), who missed the NCAA tournament last season after making it to the round of 16 a year earlier, held the Yellow Jackets to 0-for-13 shooting from 3-point range.
Junior college transfer Precious Robinson added 14 points and 12 rebounds for Oklahoma State. Riley had seven assists to go with eight turnovers.
Sasha Goodlett had 21 points to lead Georgia Tech (1-1), and Brigitte Ardossi scored 13. Mo Bennett, who scored 21 points in the Yellow Jackets' season opener, had six points on 2-for-15 shooting. She missed all six of her 3-point tries.
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure-Oklahoma St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- West Virginia women whip No. 22 Oklahoma State 82-48 Feb 27
- No. 22 Oklahoma State women beat Kansas 71-49 Feb 24
- Medley sets record as TCU women upset No. 17 Oklahoma State Feb 20
- No. 4 Baylor women avenge only loss, 66-41 over No. 17 OSU Feb 17
- No. 20 Oklahoma St. women smother No. 24 West Virginia 63-51 Feb 13
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- McCarty leads No. 6 Texas past No. 20 Oklahoma State 70-55 Feb 10