Delva helps No. 23 Hartford rout New HampshireMar 6, 2010 - 1:14 AM WEST HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- America East Player of the Year Diana Delva had 18 points and eight rebounds to lead top-seeded and No. 23 Hartford to its school-record 19th straight victory, 68-35 over New Hampshire in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament Friday night.
Erica Beverly, who joined Delva on the All-Conference team and was the defensive Player of the Year, added 16 points to help the Hawks reach Sunday's semifinals against Stony Brook or Binghamton.
After the first two rounds, the championship game is to be played on the home floor of the higher seed, which would leave the Hawks at home - where they are 15-0 - if they reach the title game.
Hartford (26-3) led by 15 at the half and beat New Hampshire for the third time this season.
Candace Williams had 13 points for the Wildcats (9-22), who shot just 27.3 percent from the field, including 1 for 14 from 3-point range.
- No. 21 Arizona State women beat Hartford 60-29 Dec 14
- No. 9 Maryland routs Hartford in Terrapin Classic final Dec 29
- Connecticut routs Hartford 102-45 Dec 22
- UConn hammers Hartford as expected Mar 20
- LSU beats Hartford 60-39 in NCAA 1st round Mar 20
- Hartford-LSU Preview Mar 19
- Vermont upsets Hartford for America East title Mar 14
- No. 23 Hartford headed to America East title game Mar 7
- Stony Brook 43, Hartford 65 Mar 7
- No. 24 Hartford beats Vermont 61-51 Feb 27
- Hartford 63, Albany, N.Y. 57 Feb 24