Adams helps Texas A&M down TexasJan 20, 2011 - 3:30 AM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams put in 34 points and pulled down 12 rebounds to help No. 6 Texas A&M take an 80-65 win over Texas.
Maryann Baker had 14 points and seven rebounds while Tyra White added 12 points and nine boards for the Aggies (16-1, 4-0 Big 12), who have won 10 straight.
Chassidy Fussell totaled 26 points and six boards and Kathleen Nash donated 16 and 10 for the Longhorns (11-7, 0-4), who have dropped four straight after a six-game winning streak.
Texas held a 41-33 lead just over four minutes into the second half, but the Aggies ripped off an 18-6 run with Sydney Carter's three-pointer giving the team a 51-47 advantage with 10:22 to play.
Fussell hit a three-pointer a bit later to again make it a one-point game, but the Aggies scored the next six points with a pair of Adams free throws giving the team a 61-54 advantage with under eight minutes to play.
The Longhorns never got closer than five points the rest of the way.
- TEXAS: 65
TEXAS A&M: 80
Jan 19 9:45 PM
- TEXAS: 33
TEXAS A&M: 29
Jan 19 8:27 PM
- TEXAS: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 19 7:38 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20