Hampton leads DePaul over West VirginiaJan 31, 2011 - 12:47 AM DePaul downed eighth-ranked West Virginia, 78-55, at McGrath Arena.
Taylor Pikes and Felicia Chester added 15 points for the Blue Demons (20-2, 7-0 Big East), who have won eight straight. Anna Martin and Sam Quigley finished with 12 and 11 points, respectively, in the victory.
Asya Bussie led West Virginia (19-2, 5-2) with 13 points. Sarah Miles added 11 points while Liz Repella and Korinne Campbell scored nine points apiece for the Mountaineers, who have dropped two straight.
Hampton paced the Blue Demons with 10 points in the first half, as the hosts took a 34-25 lead at the intermission.
For the Mountaineers, both Miles and Campbell scored nine points as they went a combined 8-of-12 from the field in the opening 20 minutes.
Chester opened the second half with a short jumper which started a lengthy 16-3 DePaul run that put the game away for good. Chester scored 10 points in the surge, including a long jumper at 15:08 to put the Blue Demons up 50-28.
West Virginia never made a considerable push the rest of the way as the Blue Demons wrapped up their 15th straight home win dating back to last season.
- WEST VIRGINIA: 55
Jan 30 5:59 PM
- WEST VIRGINIA: 22
Jan 30 4:48 PM
- WEST VIRGINIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 30 4:05 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17