No. 1 Huskies beat Seton Hall by 21Feb 23, 2011 - 2:42 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Maya Moore scored 20 points, Bria Hartley had 17 and top-ranked Connecticut pushed its overall winning streak to 15 games Tuesday with an 80-59 victory over Seton Hall.
The Huskies (27-1, 14-0 Big East) also got 14 points from Stefanie Dolson and 10 from Tiffany Hayes while running their winning streak against Seton Hall to 27 games.
Connecticut returned to No. 1 in the rankings this week after being ranked No. 2 for nearly two months since their 90-game winning streak was snapped by Stanford on December 30.
The Pirates (8-19, 1-13) trailed by just 11 points at halftime, 38-27, but had no chance after Connecticut ripped off an 18-2 run to start the second. They were led by 14 points from Jazzmine Johnson and 12 from Brittany Morris.
In addition to their 27-game winning streak, the Huskies have defeated Seton Hall in 42 of the last 43 meetings, including 21 straight on their home floors.
The Pirates have lost three straight and are tied for last place in the conference with Cincinnati, which lost to Syracuse on Tuesday. They are 0-15 all-time against No. 1 teams and haven't beaten Connecticut since January 5, 1994.
Moore and Hartley were a combined 6-of-15 from three-point range, but the rest of the team went 0-for-5 and the Huskies won despite shooting 43 percent from the floor.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2