No. 4 Tennessee handles LSUFeb 27, 2011 - 9:45 PM
Angie Bjorklund ended with 17 points, while Glory Johnson had a solid game with 15 points and 16 boards for Tennessee (28-2, 16-0 SEC), which has won 27 straight SEC contests dating back to last season.
The Lady Vols, who won 19 straight games to close out their regular-season schedule, got 10 points from Meighan Simmons.
Courtney Jones led all scorers with 21 points to go with 12 rebounds for LSU (18-12, 8-8), which has dropped three of its last four. Adrienne Webb and LaSondra Barrett ended with 17 and 15 points, respectively in defeat.
Tennessee led by a healthy 44-31 score after 20 minutes of play and held a double-digit advantage throughout the second half.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21