Stanford downs Cal, completes perfect Pac-10 slateMar 4, 2011 - 7:07 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 16 points and eight rebounds, and No. 2 Stanford dumped California, 75-51, to record its second straight undefeated Pac-10 regular season.
Jeanette Pohlen scored a game-high 18 points, and Kayla Pedersen added 14 points and nine boards for the Cardinal (27-2, 18-0 Pac-10), who ran their winning streak to 21 heading into next week's conference tourney.
Rachelle Federico netted 16 points and Lindsay Sherbert had 13 for the Golden Bears (15-14, 7-11), losers in seven of their last eight contests.
Cal was within five, 38-33, at halftime, but Stanford made 61 percent from the field in the final 20 minutes to take control and cruise to the finish line.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18