No. 5 Tennessee rips Mississippi StateJan 28, 2011 - 2:27 AM Tennessee to an 81-55 victory over Mississippi State at Thompson-Boling Arena.
Taber Spani added 18 points for the Lady Vols, (20-2, 8-0 SEC), winners of 11 straight games. Meighan Simmons posted 12 points, while Shekinna Stricklen and Kamiko Williams added 10 apiece.
Diamber Johnson led the way with 19 points for the Lady Bulldogs (8-11, 0-7), who have lost eight in a row. Mary Kathryn Govero posted 16 points and six boards in defeat.
The visitors led 37-35 at the break thanks to 47 percent shooting from the floor, including a sizzling 7-of-12 from beyond the arc, but that all broke down in the second half.
Tennessee clicked at 47 percent and held Mississippi State to 7-of-30 field goals, taking the win by rolling up 46 points over the final 20 minutes.
- MISSISSIPPI STATE: 55
Jan 27 8:59 PM
- MISSISSIPPI STATE: 37
Jan 27 7:54 PM
- MISSISSIPPI STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 27 7:10 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- UConn advances with record rout, beats Miss State 98-38 Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Mississippi St.-UConn Preview Mar 26
- Mississippi State set to take on top-seed UConn Mar 26
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24