Rainy Day Women: Lady Vols win shortened gameFeb 25, 2011 - 3:58 AM Tennessee women's basketball team walked away with a 66-39 victory over Ole Miss on Thursday in a game that was stopped late in the second half because of a leak in the ceiling of the Tad Smith Coliseum.
Glory Johnson had 18 points and nine rebounds to lead the No. 4 Lady Vols when the game was halted with 5:24 remaining and a strong storm happening outside.
Rain or no rain, Tennessee (27-2, 15-0 SEC) had the game well in hand, of course, and captured its 18th consecutive win since a loss to Baylor on December 14.
Fresh off winning their 16th regular-season conference title with a 77-44 win over No. 22 Georgia on Monday, the Lady Vols extended two more streaks.
Thursday marked their 26th straight SEC regular season win and their 22nd consecutive victory over Ole Miss.
The Rebels (10-17, 3-12) have lost six in a row since beating Florida on February 3. They were led by Valencia McFarland's 14 points.
- TENNESSEE: 66
Feb 24 9:59 PM
- TENNESSEE: 43
Feb 24 8:51 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 24 8:08 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21