Louisville has no trouble with VanderbiltMar 21, 2011 - 12:02 AM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Monique Reid scored 22 points to power the seventh-seeded Louisville Cardinals over the 10th-seeded Vanderbilt Commodores by an 81-62 final in first-round action of the NCAA Tournament.
Shoni Schimmel and Tia Gibbs posted 19 points apiece in the victory for Louisville (21-12), which will take on second-seeded Xavier in the second round. Keshia Hines contributed 16 points for the Cardinals.
Jasmine Lister led the way with 13 points in defeat for Vanderbilt (20-12).
Louisville went on an 11-0 first-half run to break a 16-16 tie, and the Cardinals led by no fewer than seven points the rest of the game.
A 13-0 second-half run enabled Louisville to put the game away.
- VANDERBILT: 62
Mar 20 1:58 PM
- VANDERBILT: 26
Mar 20 12:51 PM
- VANDERBILT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 20 12:11 PM
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3