Lady Vols extend win streak, advance to Elite EightMar 26, 2011 - 8:43 PM Dayton, OH (Sports Network) - Shekinna Stricklen scored 20 points to lead the top-seeded Lady Vols of Tennessee to an 85-75 victory over the fourth-seeded Ohio State Buckeyes in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament at Dayton Arena.
Meighan Simmons added 18 points for Tennessee (33-2), which has won 25 consecutive contests. Kelley Cain contributed 16 points for the Lady Vols, who will now take on Notre Dame in the regional championship on Monday.
Samantha Prahalis registered 22 points and dished out seven assists for Ohio State (24-10), while Jantel Lavender posted a double-double of 19 points and 10 rebounds. Brittany Johnson posted 16 points, while Tayler Hill finished with 12 points in the loss.
The Buckeyes went into the break with a slim, 42-40 edge over Tennessee thanks to a staggering 66.7 percent shooting effort in the first 20 minutes of action.
However, the Lady Vols proved why they are a top seed, as they clawed their way back for a 10-point victory behind a respectable 45.2 percent shooting display in the second stanza.
Tennessee's bench racked up 22 points, while Ohio State received just two points from its reserves.
The Lady Vols also won the battle on the glass, out-rebounding Ohio State by a 46-29 margin.
- OHIO STATE: 75
Mar 26 2:00 PM
- OHIO STATE: 42
Mar 26 12:48 PM
- OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 26 12:06 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21