Nnemkadi Ogwumike dominates as Stanford defeats the Lady VolsDec 21, 2011 - 5:21 AM Palo Alto, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike was dominant, scoring a career-high 42 points to go with 17 rebounds, as No. 4 Stanford downed No. 6 Tennessee, 97-80, on Tuesday night.
Toni Kokenis added 26 points for the Cardinal (8-1), while Chiney Ogwumike had 14 points.
Shekinna Stricklen poured in 27 points on 10-of-17 shooting in defeat. Glory Johnson had 18 points and Meighan Simmons finished with 13 for the Lady Volunteers (7-3).
The Cardinal led 48-41 at the break and used a 9-0 run to grab a 67-55 lead midway through the second half. Chiney Ogwumike capped the run with a layup and the Lady Volunteers failed to threaten down the stretch.
In all, the Cardinal shot 53.6 percent from the field -- buoyed by Nnemkadi Ogwumike's 19-of-27 effort -- and knocked down 9-of-21 three-pointers.
- TENNESSEE: 80
Dec 21 12:00 AM
- TENNESSEE: 41
Dec 20 10:49 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 20 10:12 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26