Top-ranked Baylor keeps rolling, crushes MizzouJan 5, 2012 - 4:23 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Odyssey Sims scored 22 points as No. 1 Baylor rolled to a 90-46 win over Missouri in the Big 12 Conference opener for both schools.
Brittney Griner totaled 14 points and nine rebounds for the Bears (14-0, 1-0 Big 12), who also got 14 with six assists from Kimetria Hayden.
Destiny Williams pulled down a game-best 10 boards as Baylor set a school record for wins from the start of a season.
BreAnna Brock led the way with 14 points and six boards for the Tigers (10-2, 0-1), whose win streak ended at five.
Christine Flores picked up 10 points, four assists and two blocks in a losing cause.
Baylor shot 49 percent from the field and emerged with a 40-23 edge at halftime, helped along by an 18-3 spurt to begin the contest.
The Bears kept the momentum going in the second half, racking up a 27-point differential.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19