Thomas lifts No. 5 Maryland over Georgia TechJan 7, 2012 - 4:50 AM Maryland to a 77-74 win over Georgia Tech on Friday night.
Thomas' three-point play with 17 seconds remaining gave the Terrapins (15-0, 2-0 ACC) the lead, pulling them out of a one-point deficit.
Laurin Mincy added 17 points and Alicia DeVaughn scored 11 with 11 rebounds for Maryland.
Sasha Goodlett had 20 points to lead Georgia Tech (11-4, 1-1) and Tyaunna Marshall scored 16.
The Yellow Jackets had a six-game winning streak snapped, but didn't go down without a fight. They led by eight points with less than five minutes to go before Maryland closed the game on a 13-2 run for the win.
- GEORGIA TECH: 74
Jan 6 10:39 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 45
Jan 6 9:24 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 6 8:38 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27