No. 6 Lady Vols race past ArkansasJan 8, 2012 - 11:07 PM Tennessee to a 69-38 win over Arkansas on Sunday.
During the game, Johnson became the fourth player in Tennessee history to reach 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds in her career.
Shekinna Stricklen had 19 points for the Lady Vols (12-3, 3-0 SEC), who won their 36th straight SEC game. They pushed their overall winning streak to five games since a loss at Stanford on December 20 and beat Arkansas for the 18th straight time since 1996.
Lyndsay Harris scored 14 points to lead the Razorbacks (11-4, 0-3), who won 11 games in a row before conference play but have now lost three straight to Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Lady Vols shot 50 percent for the game and had a 31-11 lead at halftime. They improved to 23-1 all-time against Arkansas, including 11-1 in Fayetteville, where their only loss to the Razorbacks occurred December 29, 1996.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21