Rutgers routs PittsburghJan 11, 2012 - 2:21 AM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - Khadijah Rushdan scored 14 points to lead a balanced offensive attack as eighth-ranked Rutgers blew out Pittsburgh, 63-39, at the Petersen Events Center.
Monique Oliver tallied 10 points and 11 rebounds for Rutgers (14-2, 3-0 Big East), which has won five in a row. The Scarlet Knights, who moved to 25-3 all-time against the Panthers, also received 11 points from April Sykes and 10 apiece from Briyona Canty and Betnijah Laney.
Pittsburgh (8-9, 0-4) was paced by 10 points from Asia Logan. Brianna Kiesel and Abby Dowd each scored nine for the Panthers, who lost their third straight game.
The Scarlet Knights powered to an early double-digit lead and were in front 37-24 at the half. Rutgers limited Pittsburgh to a 6-of-27 performance from the field in the second half.
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17