Baylor dominates second half to take down Oklahoma StateJan 12, 2012 - 4:05 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored a game-high 28 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead No. 1 Baylor past Oklahoma State, 71-44, on Wednesday.
Odyssey Sims added 21 points and eight assists, and Destiny Williams contributed 11 points with 13 boards for the Bears (16-0, 3-0 Big 12), who extended their home win streak to 32 games.
Liz Donohoe paced Oklahoma State (9-3, 1-2) with 19 points and eight rebounds, while Toni Young had 13 points, six boards and three steals.
Baylor held a slim, 26-24, lead at the half, but opened the second stanza on a 14-2 run to stretch its lead to double digits and cruised to the victory from there.
The Bears held Oklahoma State to a 14.3 shooting performance in the half as the Cowgirls connected on 5-of-35 shots from the floor, compared to 57.1 percent rate for Baylor, which connected on 5-of-8 shots from three-point range.
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 44
Jan 11 9:49 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 24
Jan 11 8:48 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 11 8:06 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18