Kansas State holds off No. 10 Texas TechJan 14, 2012 - 10:56 PM Kansas State held off No. 10 Texas Tech, 62-61.
Tasha Dickey netted 17 points for the Wildcats (13-3, 4-0 Big 12), who are off to a 4-0 conference start for the first time since 2007-08, when they won the regular-season title.
Kierra Mallard scored 18 points and pulled down eight rebounds for Texas Tech (14-2, 2-2), which has lost two straight by a combined four points.
With her team trailing 58-53 with 4:43 left in the game, Childs put the Wildcats on her back.
She scored seven of Kansas State's final nine points, including the go-ahead free throws to give the Wildcats a 62-61 lead with 1:43 left.
Texas Tech missed an array of shots in the remaining time. Monique Smalls had a chance to win it at the buzzer, but her jumper didn't go down.
Chambers paced the Wildcats with 11 points in the opening 20 minutes, and they took a 37-27 advantage into the locker room.
- KANSAS STATE: 62
TEXAS TECH: 61
Jan 14 5:03 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 37
TEXAS TECH: 27
Jan 14 3:49 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 0
TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 14 3:09 PM
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- Baylor wins at least share of sixth-straight Big 12 crown Feb 27
- No. 8 Texas wins 25th game, 76-55 over Texas Tech Feb 24
- Sanders sparks No. 8 Texas to 58-51 win over Kansas State Feb 17