Tennessee dominates VanderbiltJan 15, 2012 - 10:08 PM
Glory Johnson had 16 points and 13 rebounds while Meighan Simmons added 10 points for the Lady Volunteers (13-4, 4-1 SEC), who bounced back from a loss at Kentucky on Thursday.
Tennessee had some bad news in the game, though, as Stricklen left the game with around three minutes remaining clutching her left knee after going for a rebound. Coming into the game, she was the team's leading scorer as she was averaging 15.3 points per game.
Christina Foggie had a game-high 27 points while Stephanie Holzer added 14 points for the Commodores (14-3, 2-2), who had won their previous two.
Holding a two-point lead, Stricklen put in a layup to spark a 16-2 run that saw Ariel Massengale cap the run with a layup for a 61-45 lead with 10:26 left.
- VANDERBILT: 64
Jan 15 4:06 PM
- VANDERBILT: 36
Jan 15 2:57 PM
- VANDERBILT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 15 2:15 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23