Griner leads No. 1 Baylor past No. 17 Texas TechJan 19, 2012 - 4:09 AM Lubbock, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored 21 points, grabbed six rebounds and blocked seven shots as No. 1 Baylor took down No. 17 Texas Tech, 72-64, on Tuesday.
Destiny Williams had 16 points and a career-high 16 rebounds for Baylor (18-0, 5-0 Big 12), which shot 50 percent from the field.
Christine Hyde had 15 points for the Red Raiders (14-3, 2-3), who dropped their third straight game.
Baylor held a 65-52 advantage with 7:24 to play in the game, but the Red Raiders clawed back and Monique Small's fastbreak layup made it 69-63 with 1:12 to play.
But Griner's short jumper on Baylor's ensuing possession sealed the win for the Bears.
Baylor led by as many as 13 in the opening stanza before taking a 37-31 lead into the locker room.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17