No. 10 Ohio State downs NebraskaJan 20, 2012 - 2:11 AM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Tayler Hill scored 21 points to go with 10 rebounds and six steals as the 10th-ranked Buckeyes took down Nebraska, 82-68, on Thursday.
Samantha Prahalis netted 19 points and dished out nine assists, while Ashley Adams chipped in with 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Buckeyes (18-1, 5-1 Big Ten), who have won three straight since suffering their first loss of the season against Michigan on January 7. Amber Stokes donated 12 points in the victory.
Emily Cady paced the Cornhuskers (15-3, 4-2) with a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds, while Jordan Hooper scored 19 points and ripped down 14 boards. Lindsey Moore contributed 13 points and six assists in the loss for Nebraska, which has lost two consecutive games.
Leading, 41-37, early in the second half, Ohio State used a 10-2 run to create some distance. The run, capped by a Hill jumper, put the Buckeyes up 51-39 with 13 1/2 minutes to play.
Nebraska closed to within 68-58 with less than four minutes to go, but Ohio State responded with a pair of jumpers from Prahalis and Kalpana Beach to push the lead to 72-60 with less than three minutes to go.
Stokes drained a jumper following a Nebraska timeout to put the Buckeyes up 76-63 with under two minutes left and they held on for the win.
Ohio State led 41-35 at the break.
A jumper by Hooper opened the scoring in the second half and pulled Nebraska within 41-37 just under a minute in.
- NEBRASKA: 68
OHIO STATE: 82
Jan 19 7:52 PM
- NEBRASKA: 35
OHIO STATE: 41
Jan 19 6:42 PM
- NEBRASKA: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 19 6:02 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19