Notre Dame picks up 18th straight victoryJan 28, 2012 - 7:12 PM Notre Dame Fighting Irish picked up their 18th straight victory with a 71-56 decision over the St. John's Red Storm.
Devereaux Peters ended with 18 points, 15 rebounds and five blocks for the Fighting Irish (21-1, 8-0 Big East), whose 18-game winning streak is the school's longest since a school-record 23-game run to open the 2000-01 season.
Natalie Novosel donated 15 points and five boards for Notre Dame, which has opened conference play with eight consecutive wins for the first time since starting the 2000-01 season with a 12-0 Big East record.
Da'Shena Stevens and Shenneika Smith each had 10 points for the Red Storm (13-8, 5-3), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17