Banham leads Minnesota to upset of No. 9 Ohio StateJan 29, 2012 - 9:08 PM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Rachel Banham had 20 points as Minnesota took down No. 9 Ohio State, 76-65, in Big Ten action.
Kiara Buford donated 15 points and seven assists for the Golden Gophers (12-11, 4-5 Big Ten), who snapped a two-game losing streak.
It was the first win over a ranked opponent for Minnesota since defeating Notre Dame in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on March 22, 2009.
Tayler Hill had 26 points and five assists and Samantha Prahalis added 25 points for the Buckeyes (20-2, 7-2), who had won five straight following a loss at Michigan on January 7.
Minnesota held Ohio State to just 22.9 percent shooting in the first half to take a 34-38 lead into the break and added to the lead in the second half.
- OHIO STATE: 65
Jan 29 3:00 PM
- OHIO STATE: 28
Jan 29 1:55 PM
- OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 1:08 PM
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28