No. 10 Miami routs Boston CollegeJan 30, 2012 - 12:41 AM Chestnut Hill, MA (Sports Network) - Shenise Johnson netted a game-high 22 points and pulled down nine rebounds as 10th-ranked Miami-Florida thumped Boston College, 88-57, on Sunday.
Riquna Williams had 18 points and eight rebounds, while Stefanie Yderstrom donated 15 points for the Hurricanes (19-3, 8-1 ACC), who have won eight consecutive games
Tessah Holt paced the Eagles (5-16, 0-8) with 12 points and Joy Caracciolo had 10 points in a losing effort. Boston College has lost eight straight games.
Miami opened the game on a 17-3 run and never looked back. They forced 15 turnovers in the opening 20 minutes of play and led 48-27 at the break.
In the second half, Miami's domination continued as they began the half with a 15-2 flurry to lead 63-29 with 14 1/2 minutes to play in regulation.
Miami shot 45.5 percent for the game, while holding the Eagles to just 36 percent from the floor.
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19
- S. Dakota St.-Miami Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Butler leads No. 18 Syracuse women past Boston College 71-55 Feb 25
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21