Stanford fights off ASU behind Ogwumike sistersFeb 3, 2012 - 4:37 AM Tempe, AZ (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike and Chiney Ogwumike totaled 42 points and 32 rebounds, carrying No. 4 Stanford past Arizona State, 62-49 for its 67th straight Pac-12 victory.
Nnemkadi scored 22 points, her younger sister added 20 and each pulled down 16 boards for the Cardinal (19-1, 10-0 Pac-12), who were coming off an overtime win over California on Saturday.
The Sun Devils (15-5, 6-3 Pac-12) were led by Deja Mann's 11 points, but it wasn't enough to extend their five-game winning streak.
Arizona State lost its 12th consecutive meeting against the Cardinal, but not without putting up a fight. The hosts fought to a 28-28 tie at intermission and were locked up at 40-all before going 10 minutes without a field goal.
Stanford's subsequent 20-2 run -- led by the Ogwumike sisters -- essentially put the game away.
- STANFORD: 62
ARIZONA STATE: 49
Feb 2 11:03 PM
- STANFORD: 28
ARIZONA STATE: 28
Feb 2 9:53 PM
- STANFORD: 0
ARIZONA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 2 9:12 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19