Notre Dame dominates DePaulFeb 5, 2012 - 9:44 PM
The Fighting Irish (23-1, 10-0 Big East) had five scorers in double figures including 16 points and five rebounds from Natalie Achonwa. Skylar Diggins added a double-double with 11 points and 10 assists for Notre Dame, which has now won 20 straight games.
Jasmine Penny finished with 24 points and Katherine Harry added 20 points and nine rebounds for DePaul, (17-7, 5-5) which was coming off back-to-back wins after losing three in a row.
The Fighting Irish finished the first half shooting 71.9 percent including 6-of-7 from long range to take a 56-31 lead at halftime.
Notre Dame cooled off as it finished the game just under 60 percent from the field, but DePaul struggled all game, especially from long range, as they finished just 2-of-12 from beyond the arc.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20