Johnson lifts No. 8 Tennessee past AuburnFeb 5, 2012 - 10:04 PM
Ariel Massengale added 14 points, five rebounds and four assists while Shekinna Stricklen finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Lady Volunteers (17-6, 8-2 SEC), who bounced back from a loss to South Carolina on Thursday.
Camille Glymph netted 13 points to lead Auburn (11-13, 3-8), which turned the ball over 23 times.
With the game tied at 14 early on, the Lady Vols used a 7-0 run to give them a lead they didn't relinquish. Tennessee took a 44-31 advantage into the locker room.
The Lady Vols limited Auburn to just 37 percent shooting in the second half as Tennessee coasted to the easy win.
- AUBURN: 61
Feb 5 4:01 PM
- AUBURN: 31
Feb 5 2:52 PM
- AUBURN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 5 2:08 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21