Hawkins, Thomas lead Maryland over Georgia TechFeb 7, 2012 - 3:28 AM Maryland downed No. 22 Georgia Tech, 64-56.
Hawkins added nine rebounds while Lynetta Kizer netted 10 points for Maryland (20-3, 7-3 ACC), which has won two straight following a two-game skid.
Sasha Goodlett scored 15 points to lead Georgia Tech (17-7, 7-4), which had its four-game winning streak snapped.
With the Terrapins holding a 52-44 lead with 6:05 remaining, the Yellow Jackets went on a 10-0 run, capped by Tyaunna Marshall's layup, to give them a 54-52 lead with 3:16 to play.
But the Terps responded with a 10-0 surge of their own as a pair of Thomas free throws gave Maryland a 62-54 lead with 26 seconds left.
Thomas hit a pair of foul shots with four seconds left in the opening half to tie the game at 24 heading into the locker room.
- MARYLAND: 64
GEORGIA TECH: 56
Feb 6 9:04 PM
- MARYLAND: 24
GEORGIA TECH: 24
Feb 6 7:54 PM
- MARYLAND: 0
GEORGIA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 6 7:06 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27