No. 2 Notre Dame cruises past SyracuseFeb 8, 2012 - 2:48 AM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Devereaux Peters recorded a double-double with 21 points and 16 rebounds as No. 2 Notre Dame cruised to a 74-55 win over Syracuse.
Kayla McBride scored 19 points, Skylar Diggins added 11 and Brittany Mallory had five steals for Notre Dame (24-1, 11-0 Big East), which has won 21 straight games since losing to top-ranked Baylor on November 20.
Iasia Hemingway had 15 points to lead Syracuse (15-10, 4-7), which had its two-game winning streak snapped.
The Orange pulled within 49-39 midway through the second half, but Diggins scored five straight points to up the advantage back to 15. Notre Dame cruised the rest of the way.
Syracuse shot just 18.8 percent in the opening half as the Irish took a 38-19 lead into the break.
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Syracuse women reach new heights under Coach Q Mar 31
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26