No. 4 Stanford handles USCFeb 10, 2012 - 5:03 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike netted a game-high 22 points and pulled down eight rebounds as No. 4 Stanford took care of business with a 69-52 win over USC on Thursday.
Chiney Ogwumike finished with 21 points, 12 rebounds and six blocks, while Toni Kokenis had 15 points and five rebounds for the Cardinal (21-1, 12-0 Pac-12), who have now won 18 consecutive games.
Briana Gilbreath led the Trojans (12-11, 6-6) with 11 points and seven boards and Ashley Corral finished with 11 points and four rebounds. Stefanie Gilbreath donated nine points in defeat for USC, which has dropped two straight contests.
USC led, 7-6, early, but Stanford used a 15-2 burst to take a 21-9 lead with less than 10 minutes to play in the opening half. The Cardinal shot 43 percent from the floor in the first half and led 33-22 at the break.
The Cardinal continued its hot shooting in the second half, hitting 9-of-15 from the floor. Stanford also used a significant edge at the free throw line to put the game away as it went 18-of-24 from the line in the second 20 minutes to just 8-of-9 from the stripe for the Trojans.
Stanford dominated inside, scoring 34 points in the paint to just 14 for USC. They led by as many as 19 in the second half en route to an easy victory.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18