No. 4 Stanford crushes UCLAFeb 12, 2012 - 11:05 PM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike netted a game-high 25 points to go with eight rebounds as No. 4 Stanford ran over UCLA, 82-59, on Sunday.
Chiney Ogwumike finished with 19 points, while Toni Kokenis and Joslyn Tinkle added 12 and 10 points respectively for the Cardinal (22-1, 13-0 Pac-12) who ran their winning streak to 19 straight games.
Markel Walker paced the Bruins (12-12, 7-6) with 16 points and 10 rebounds and Rhema Gardner added 15 points for the Bruins, who have lost two straight games. Thea Lemberger chipped in with 13 points in the loss.
The Bruins kept things close throughout the first half and trailed by only five at the break, but Stanford showed its dominance in the second half.
The Cardinal opened the second 20 minutes by outscoring UCLA 9-4 to take a 44-34 lead with just over four minutes gone.
A jumper by Chiney Ogwumike put the Cardinal up by 20 with 8:55 left and they went on to outscore the Bruins, 47-29 in the second half.
Stanford shot an efficient 59.6 percent from the floor, while holding UCLA to just 34 percent.
- UCLA: 59
Feb 12 5:03 PM
- UCLA: 30
Feb 12 3:53 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 12 3:08 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20