Prahalis leads No. 8 Ohio State over MinnesotaFeb 24, 2012 - 3:41 AM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Samantha Prahalis exploded for a school-record 42 points to go with six rebounds, four assists and three steals as No. 8 Ohio State routed Minnesota, 81-56.
Tayler Hill added 16 points for Ohio State (23-4, 11-4 Big Ten), which bounced back from Monday's loss at Penn State.
Rachel Banham netted 18 points and Micaella Riche scored 14 points to go with 11 rebounds for Minnesota (14-15, 6-9), which had its two-game winning streak snapped.
Prahalis had 22 points by halftime as the Buckeyes took a 38-26 lead into the locker room.
Two Prahalis free throws with 2:27 left in the game gave the senior 42 points on the night as she passed Katie Smith for Ohio State's single-game points scored record.
Prahalis finished the night 15-of-27 from the floor and 7-of-12 from beyond the arc.
- MINNESOTA: 56
OHIO STATE: 81
Feb 23 10:06 PM
- MINNESOTA: 26
OHIO STATE: 38
Feb 23 8:57 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 8:13 PM
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28