No. 1 Baylor downs Kansas to remain undefeatedFeb 25, 2012 - 3:22 AM Lawrence, KS (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner had 20 points, eight rebounds and four blocks on Friday, leading No. 1 Baylor to a 76-45 win over Kansas.
Kimetria Hayden added 16 points and Odyssey Sims had 15 for the Lady Bears (29-0, 16-0 Big 12), who had already clinched an outright conference title with Tuesday's win over Texas.
Angel Goodrich scored a team-high 14 points for the Jayhawks (18-10, 7-9). They shot just 26.9 percent and have lost four of their last five.
The NCAA's lone undefeated Division I basketball team -- men's or women's -- opened the game with a 23-2 run. Griner scored eight points during the early surge, Brooklyn Pope had six and Sims capped it with a three-pointer.
Kansas outscored Baylor 14-10 over the remainder of the first half, but the deficit proved too large to completely overcome.
It was 33-16 at the break and the Bears opened the second half with eight straight points -- six from Griner -- to put the Jayhawks away.
The advantage reached 30, 58-28, near the midway point and Baylor was not threatened the rest of the way.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17