Novosel leads No. 3 Notre Dame over USFFeb 25, 2012 - 10:49 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Natalie Novosel netted a career-high 32 points while Devereaux Peters added 17 points and a career-high 18 rebounds as No. 3 Notre Dame set a regular-season school record for wins by downing South Florida, 80-68, on Saturday.
Skylar Diggins had 18 points for the Irish (27-2, 14-1 Big East), who clinched at least a share of the Big East regular season title. The Irish wrap up the regular season on Monday against Connecticut, which is a game back in the conference. Notre Dame has won three straight since falling to West Virginia on February 12.
Inga Orekhova and Jasmine Wynne each scored 18 points for South Florida (15-14, 7-8), which had its three-game winning streak snapped.
Andrell Smith's layup gave the Bulls a 44-41 lead early in the second half, but Novosel provided the lift for the Irish down the stretch.
Up by three, 61-58, Novosel scored nine points during a 13-4 run to put the game away as Notre Dame led, 76-64, with under two minutes to play.
The Irish shot 46.4 percent in the opening half en route to a 41-38 halftime advantage.
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 68
NOTRE DAME: 80
Feb 25 3:52 PM
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 38
NOTRE DAME: 41
Feb 25 2:48 PM
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 25 2:04 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Williams leads South Florida into second round Mar 20