No. 2 Stanford routs UtahFeb 26, 2012 - 1:34 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike scored 16 points to pace four Cardinals in double figures, and added 12 rebounds, as No. 2 Stanford routed Utah, 69-42, to earn its 78th straight victory at Maples Pavilion.
Nnemkadi Ogwumike netted 15 points, while Joslyn Tinkle and Amber Orrange each added 12 for the Cardinal (26-1, 17-0 Pac-12), who won their 23rd consecutive game to give head coach Tara VanDerveer her 700th career victory with Stanford.
The Hall of Fame coach is fifth on the all-time coaching list with 852 wins.
Taryn Wicijowski led all Utes with 15 points. Iwalani Rodrigues contributed 12 for Utah (13-14, 6-10), which lost its second straight.
The Cardinal scored the game's first nine points and never looked back, leading wire-to-wire.
Stanford held Utah to just five field goals in 21 tries in the first half for a 21.4 percent mark, as the hosts sped out to a 36-14 halftime edge.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18